Friday, December 2, 2011

Cheese squares

I have no idea where this recipe came from, I just made it one day and everyone loved it and now I get requests for it for family occasions.  I've never really eaten much of it, but every one seems to enjoy it.

For the purpose of this little instructive aid I had to make it with two 8x8 inch pans instead of a 9x13, which would have really worked a lot better.  Also, I'm a cheap college student and made the mistake of buying off brand crescent rolls instead of Pillsbury. Let me just say one thing, don't make the same mistake I did.  There's a reason that the Pillsbury rolls are twice as expensive, they're at least four times as good.  The ones I bought were thin, funnily shaped, and hardly rose at all when I baked them.
Anyway, take one package of crescent rolls and spread it along the bottom of the pan. Then bake in a 350 degree oven until light brown, about ten minutes.  (hate yourself for buying cheap crescent rolls)
Place both packages of cream cheese in a mixer.
 Add the sugar, vanilla, lemon juice and egg yolk.
Mix well. :) 
 Spread evenly over your baked dough. Yours should reach the edges, mine didn't cause my crescent rolls sucked, but it didn't end up mattering all that much in the end.
 Put the second package of crescent rolls on top.
 Hate yourself again for buying shitty crescent rolls as they fall apart and don't reach all the way to the edge.
 Sprinkle brown sugar on top and place back in the oven for 25 minutes or until golden brown.
 Remove from oven. Allow to cool a little before cutting.
 Try to prevent this from happening haha.



Ingredients:
2 packages Crescent Rolls
2 8 oz. Pkg Cream Cheese
1 Cup Sugar
1 Tsp Vanilla
3 Tsp Lemon Juice
1 Egg Yolk
Sugar / Cinnamon Mix

Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Spread 1 package of crescent rolls in 9 x 13 baking dish. 
Bake until light brown and remove from oven, approximately 10 minutes.
Mix cream cheese, sugar,vanilla, lemon juice and egg yolk.
Pour mix on top of baked crescent roll.  Top with second package of crescent rolls. 
Sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
Bake approximately 25 minutes or until brown. Let cool before slicing.

No comments:

Post a Comment