Sunday, February 5, 2012

Stovetop Popcorn

I can't believe that I've never made popcorn on the stove before.  It was  so ridiculously simple, and it made a bunch and was the lightest, most delicious popcorn I've ever eaten.


Every night, around ten or eleven, I get the munchies really badly.  I was tired of having to battle myself not to eat something totally unhealthy, and losing pretty much every night.  I would end up eating tortilla chips, or even worse, pita chips until I was disgusted with myself.  I wanted something healthier to munch on, since I've obviously been losing this battle.  I happened to read on a health blog the other day that a really good snack to have is stovetop popcorn. Light bulb moment!



The bag or container that your kernels come in probably have instructions, but I'll give you some basic instructions anyway.

Recipe:
1/3 cup unpopped corn kernels
3 tablespoons cooking oil

Pour kernels and oil into a medium to large pot.
Stir to coat the kernels. 
Cover but allow steam to escape.
Cook at medium-high until it finishes popping.
Seasoned as desired.

Tada!!

No comments:

Post a Comment